- Similar posts for 'django':
- DjangoCon 2012 - Metro
- DjangoCon 2012 - Eating in DC
- DjangoCon 2012 - Life in DC
- DjangoCon - DC Tips
- Fab for All
- Similar posts for 'python':
- Beginners: What now?
- Young Coders at PyOhio
- Teach Yourself Python: Last chapter submitted
- PyCon 2013: Mani Party Wrap-up!
- PyCon 2013: Young Coders
- 12/4/13 - Review: System76 Galago UltraPro
- 12/2/13 - What I learned from NaNoWriMo 2013
- 11/12/13 - Alt text - doing it right
- 11/4/13 - Teaching: The OS Divide
- 10/28/13 - Nanoblogmo
- 10/7/13 - Beginners: What now?
- 8/7/13 - Writing and Mental Health
- 8/5/13 - Young Coders at PyOhio
- 6/23/13 - Teach Yourself Python: Last chapter submitted
- 4/2/13 - Asperger's != Asshole
Fab for All
29 March 2012
So, you know how you think you're going to get home from the conference and hop on your computer and do all sorts of awesome things like you said you would? And you know how that's complete and utter BS? I came home and collapsed for about a week. Or two.
At PyCon2012, I gave a talk about setting up your first site in the cloud. It was well received, and there were many requests for me to put up my fab files, in spite them being utter crap. Well, I've gone and done that.
The fab files are very rough. I tried to tidy them up a bit, but in the end, ended up hitting commit and hoping for the best. My hope for this repo is:
- Others will help me improve them
- I'll get versions for other services
- I'll get some that work for other frameworks
- I'll get versions for other setups, like one that uses Gunicon or Varnish
- I might even get some fancy stuff, like ssh keys and ssl in there!
I'd really like, at the end of the day, to have a set of scripts that are not only functional, but easy to learn from, and easy to use. And I'd really welcome community support on this!
(Sorry about the cross-posts on Planet Django and Planet Python! I usually try to pick one!)